McKeil Marine is one of Canada’s leading marine service providers. Experienced and adaptive, we deliver turn-key solutions that support our customers success in a wide range of transportation and project challenges. Customer service, safety, quality and respect for the environment are at the heart of our operations. Manned by highly skilled sailing crew, our ever-growing diverse and versatile fleet of tugs, barges, ships, and workboats, operate throughout the Great Lakes, St. Lawrence River, east coast and Canadian Arctic.
McKeil Marine Limited has immediate openings for Chief Mates aboard our vessel on a permanent full-time basis. We are looking for eager and self-starting individuals responsible for the proper management of the deck department as well as the navigation of the ship.
- Our crew enjoy regular schedules with minimal disruptions - you can plan your time at home
- Company paid and arranged travel to ports
- Our crew matter - at McKeil it feels like family
- We sail safe - your safety is our top priority
- Certificate upgrade programs and incentives
- Company paid training
- Competitive wages and comprehensive group benefits program
- Annual crew meetings foster team building
- Generous referral bonus program
- Deputizing for the Captain in their absence and assume command if the Captain is incapacitated
- Project a professional image when dealing with the customers
- Safekeeping of a navigation watch
- Maintain and upkeep of the hull, decks, superstructures, and towing gear and stability of the tug and barge
- Responsible for loading, unloading, ballasting, tank cleaning and gas freeing
- Ensuring that lifesaving and firefighting equipment is properly inspected and maintained
- Overseeing and directing the deck department including the ordering of stores Maintenance of log books
- Other duties assigned
- Chief Mate Near Coastal certificate issued by Transport Canada
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Valid MED’s
- GLPA Certificate is an asset
Be a part of a winning and growing organization.
Licensed candidates must hold a valid Transport Canada Certificate of Competency, valid seafarer’s medical, and be STCW 95 certified. Candidates must also possess a valid passport as well as clearance to enter the US.
We thank all applicants but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. McKeil Marine is committed to the principles of Employment Equity. Apply Now!