Transport Desgagnés specializes in ship management, in shipping line and in vessels operations in order to freight items to internal customers which are its commercial subsidiaries to fulfill their commercial needs.
The Chief Officer reports directly to the Captain. He is responsible, amongst other things, for the ship's cargo operations (loading/unloading) as well as for ballasting and deballasting the ship (stability).
· Chief Mate Certificate of Competency or higher (STCW)
. Advanced polar code
· Generic ECDIS Training
· Bridge Resources Management Training(Would be an asset)
· Valid Marine Medical Certificate
· Certificate of Competency in Marine Emergency Duties (STCW)
· Marine Advanced First Aid certificate(STCW)
· 4 months experience as Chief Officer and 16 months experience as Officer on cargo vessels
· Proficiency in English (Working Language)