Posted date [2021-Aug-24] (ID: 2199)
We have an opening for a Chief Officer position on one of our ships, which sails from Montreal to St. John’s, NL. The Chief Officer is directly responsible to the Master for the general maintenance of the ship, wheelhouse equipment, deck machinery within area of responsibility, work organization, operation and supervision of the deck department and operations, loading, proper cargo stability, discharging of all cargo, and for the receiving, stowage, care and economical use of all consumable deck operations stores.
Boarding location : Montreal, Quebec
Status : Regular
We offer excellent work conditions, high technology vessels, regular schedule 28/28.
• Mandatory: Canadian Chief Mate certificate (STCW-95)
• Excellent leadership, supervision and planning skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Bilingualism (French and English)
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Capacity to work under pressure
To express your interest in the position, please forward your resume and cover letter bas soon as possible in confidence to the following link : https://www.oceanex.com/hr
Oceanex Inc. is committed to equity in employment and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all candidates for their interest,but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.