Chief Mate - Dry Bulk Fleet
Posted date [2022-Oct-20] (ID: 2765)
*POTENTIAL SIGNING BONUS BASED ON QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE*
We are currently searching for qualified Chief Mates to join our team.
Reporting directly to the Master, The Chief Mate is responsible for the application of the Company Quality, Health & Safety, and Environmental Policies in all aspects of deck operations and maintenance. The Chief Mate is responsible for the navigation of the vessel, overseeing loading and unloading of cargo, supervising activities of the deck crew, and other duties not carried out by the Captain.
Candidates must possess:
• Chief Mate Certificate issued by Transport Canada
• Radio Operator’s License (or GOC)
• Certificate of Proficiency for Vessel Personnel with Security Responsibilities (preferred)
• Great Lakes Pilotage Authority (GLPA) certificate holder (preferred)
• Canadian passport or permanent residence status
If you are interested in a rewarding career with Algoma Central Corporation please send your resume to careersalgonet.com and include “Chief Mate” in the subject line of your email.
Algoma Central Corporation encourages application from designated group members identified under the Federal Employment Equity Act. We wish to thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.