Transport Desgagnés specializes in ship management, in shipping line and in vessels operations in order to freight items to internal customers which are its commercial subsidiaries to fulfill their commercial needs.
Desgagnés Marine Cargo Inc. (21, Marché-Champlain Street, Quebec City (Quebec) G1K 8Z8 Canada) is recruiting three (3) 2nd Engineers for it’s Cargo Fleet vessels, trading in the Canadian Arctic.
Under the supervision of the Chief Engineer, he is responsible for the planning and supervision of preventive maintenance activities and repairs to the ship's machinery, equipment and systems. His specific responsibilities are the preventive maintenance and maintenance of the main engine and propulsion system and the supervision of the maintenance of the auxiliary machinery.
Job requirements: ·
- Certificates/Endorsements: STCW Regulation III/2 − OT2 − CT2
- Second-class Engineer, motor ship Certificate of Competency or higher (STCW)
- Valid Marine Medical Certificate
- Certificate of Competency in Marine Emergency Duties (STCW)
- Marine Advanced First Aid certificate (STCW)
- Proficiency in English (Working Language)
All applicants must have previous relevant experience on cargo vessels and hold all appropriate STCW certificates, as outlined above.
The hourly rate is $ 41,21 for the first 40 hours/week and $ 61,82 thereafter (Min. 8h/day, 7 days/week, vessel operating 24 hours/day).