Brief description of the company:
IT International Telecom Inc. is an ISO-certified marine network installer offering desktop study, marine route survey, engineering design, installation and maintenance services for submarine cable systems worldwide.
As an organization independent of any carrier or manufacturer, IT is in the unique position to collaborate with customers, providing them with cost-effective and ideal technical solutions for each project. Above all, IT delivers quality solutions based on proven engineering and installation techniques.
IT was formed in 1995 and for over 20 years has been recognized as one of the worlds’ finest marine system providers. IT is proud to have many repeat clients that are all based on proven engineering techniques and quality of service.
With projects successfully completed in over 65 countries and counting, IT is pleased to work towards providing clients with the best technical solutions at the most competitive prices in the industry. IT constantly strives to meet the ever-changing climate and challenges of subsea projects.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, we are seeking a Second Engineer on our vessel the IT Integrity. The company offers excellent working conditions, a learning environment with opportunities for advancement, a full range of benefits, and an attractive overall compensation that matches the experience of the chosen candidate.
His responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure the safe and efficient operation of machinery, specialized cable and operation equipment and equipment in the Engine Department
- Understanding and implementing the Safety Management System (SME) with the Engine Department
- Organising the daily engine room tasks, including maintenance planning
- Keeping a register of overtime for the engine room crew members and ensuring that all regulations are followed with respect to hours of work and rest
- Advising the Chief Engineer about spare part requirements
- Ensuring the PMS and Spare Part Control systems are update
- Monitoring of machinery to ensure efficient operation, to minimize fuel and oil consumption and to ensure maximum availability of machinery at all times
- Ensuring that other departments are kept fully informed of any engine room activities which may affect them
- Keeping planned maintenance records up to date
- Understanding the Vessel Safety Management System and be able to direct Engine room crew with respect to it
- Reporting defects or irregularities to the Chief Engineer immediately
- He/she must understand international and national regulations, codes and guidelines, Company policies and instructions on emergency duties
- Implementing HSE policies at the management level
- At least 2 years experience in rank and on similar type of vessel
- English competency required
- All necessary certificates in hand
- Ability to work with different nations and respectful of different cultures
- Ability to solve problems based on experience and education
- Team player
- Experience on different types of propulsion, main and auxiliary engines
- Knowledge of repairs and technology and materials
- Knowledge of diesel electric engines
- COC – Second Engineer
- Valid Marine Medical
- STCW MED (Basic Safety, Proficiency in Surv. Craft)
- Marine Basic First Aid/Adv. First Aid
- Seaman’s Book
- Ship Personnel with Designated Security Duties
Interested and available for national and international travel. A valid passport is required.
Employment status: Permanent
We thank all applicants who will take the time to send us their CV, however, please notes that only the candidates matching the profile will be contacted.