Transport Desgagnés specializes in ship management, in shipping line and in vessels operations in order to freight items to internal customers which are its commercial subsidiaries to fulfill their commercial needs.
ON BEHALF OF GCC German Crew Center GmbH (Voelckersstrasse 31, 22765, Hamburg, Germany), Desgagnés is recruiting one (1)2ndEngineeron board the vessel M/T Harbour Feature(under Portugal flag) trading in the Great Lakes and Eastern Canada. This temporary position will start on or about July 14th, 2022, for a duration of two (2) months.
Under the supervision of the Chief Engineer, he is responsible for the planning and supervision of preventive maintenance activities and repairs to the ship's machinery, equipment and systems. His specific responsibilities are the preventive maintenance and maintenance of the main engine and propulsion system and the supervision of the maintenance of the auxiliary machinery.
· Second-class engineer, motor ship Certificate of Competency or higher (STCW)
· Certificate of Competency in Advanced Training for Oil Tanker Cargo Operations (STCW)
· Valid Marine Medical Certificate
· Certificate of Competency in Marine Emergency Duties (STCW)
· Marine Advanced First Aid certificate
· Five (5) to eight (8) years of experience as a junior, 3rd or 4th engineer on oil/chemical tanker vessels
· Proficiency in English (Working Language)
All applicants must have previous relevant experience on oil and chemical tankers and hold all appropriate STCW certificates recognized by the flag authority for the respective position as outlined above.
The hourly rate is $53.46for the first 40 hours/week and $80.19 thereafter. Min. 8h/day, 7 days/week, vessel operating 24 hours/day). Insurance coverage in accordance with the Maritime Labor Convention 2006 (Articles 2.5 and 4.2).
Please indicate "2ndEngineer– Harbour Feature" in the subject line.
We are committed to the Employment Equity Act and invite designated groups to apply.
PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME BY E-MAIL TO: RHDESGAGNES.COM
ONLY SELECTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Masculine gender is used solely to simplify the text.