World-class company and Quebec flagship, Ocean Group is a leader in the Canadian marine industry. We have built our history and reputation with our employees. We believe in developing and maintaining a strong culture based on health, safety, and environmental prevention. We promote a healthy, safe and respectful work environment for our surroundings and our host communities. Within our various talented teams, we find employees driven by a desire to make a difference and who integrate our values of excellence, integrity and respect. Come and take on challenges within a company with great ambitions and put your passion to work. Come "live Ocean"!
Ocean Group was awarded the HR - Best Practices Award by the Chambre de commerce et d’industrie de Québec at the prestigious Fidéides 2021 evening.
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION
Reporting to the Director - Operations, Port of Hamilton the incumbent will be responsible for ensuring the proper operation of the tug's machinery, including starting and stopping procedures for the main engines and auxiliary generators.
- Operate all machinery on fleet vessels;
- Perform preventive maintenance according to procedures and guidelines;
- Perform repairs and maintenance of the engine room and all equipment on board;
- Ensure proper operation of equipment on board;
- Dismantle, repair and reinstall equipment related to main diesel engines, auxiliary diesel engines, hydraulic valves, water pumps and electrical systems onboard the vessel;
- Ability to read and understand vessel drawings (hull, piping diagrams, machinery and electrical diagrams);
- Participate in and support the activities of the Health, Safety and Environment Management System.
- Canadian 4th Class Marine Engineer's Certificate (Motor);
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years experience at sea as an engineer;
- Certificate of Proficiency: MED Basic Safety STCW;
- Valid Marine Medical Certificate;
- Lifeboat and rescue boat operation skills other than fast rescue boats; and advanced firefighting techniques (certificates of competency required for marine voyages outside the Gulf);
- Restricted radio operator certificate (an asset);
- Good knowledge of diesel mechanics;
- Good knowledge of hydraulic systems;
- Analytical skills for problem-solving and troubleshooting;
- Ability to work on a computer in a Microsoft Office environment;
- Positive leadership;
- Responsible, autonomous, motivated by teamwork and punctual;
- Bilingualism in French and English, oral and written (asset).
BENEFITS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Permanent job;
- Full range of fringe benefits;
- Free employee assistance program available to the whole family;
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP);
- Social club.
OceanTM, Ocean GroupTM and any related logos/designs are trademarks of Ocean Group Inc. used under license.