Canada Steamship Lines (CSL) is hiring motivated Captains for our domestic fleet of bulkers and self-unloaders, which includes six state-of-the-art Trillium Class ships. We offer industry-leading compensation and benefits, an outstanding work schedule, coverage of transportation expenses, and onboard Wi-Fi so you’re always in touch with your family and friends. If you’re looking for an exciting career with a healthy work-life balance, then look no further.
To qualify as a Captain, you need the following credentials:
- Master Near Coastal certificate of competency issued by Transport Canada
- Two years of experience as a Master in the Great Lake Basin and Gulf of St Lawrence
- GLPA Pilotage Certificate
- Excellent leadership, supervision, coaching and planning skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience in bulk carriers preferred
If you would like to work with a company that has a long-established history, apply now to find out why CSL stands out as an incomparable employer on the Great Lakes.
CSL encourages applications from designated group members identified under the Federal Employment Equity Act. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.