We are currently accepting resumes for a Master. This is a year-round, full-time, excluded management position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL and QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Bay Ferries Limited and its sister companies, Northumberland Ferries Limited and Bay Ferries Management Limited, operate and maintain ferries, ensuring they meet the highest standards of safety and environmental protection. Our group of companies is recognized throughout North America, and internationally, as an efficient, competent, and innovative ferry service provider. This work is accomplished by a small, capable, multi-functional management team, assisted by more than 300 direct employees, and the strategic use of specialized sub-contractors.
Bay Ferries Limited operates the M/V Fundy Rose between Digby, Nova Scotia and Saint John, New Brunswick. This is a year-around ferry service that employs approximately 150 people. The typical work schedule is one week on, one week off.While you will be an employee of Bay Ferries Limited, your duties may also entail working for its sister companies, Northumberland Ferries Limited and Bay Ferries Management Limited.
The Master is responsible for the safe, reliable, and efficient operation and navigation of the vessel protecting the environment to the best of our abilities. Compliance with all applicable local, national, and international navigation regulations is imperative. Effective management and direction of employees and supervision of human resources matters.
- Master (near coastal or unlimited)
- Certificate of Competency that complies with Flag State requirements for trading area and STCW endorsement.
- Transport Canada Medical Certificate
- GMDSS Certificate
- Marine Basic or Advanced First Aid with CPR
- Marine Emergency Duties (including MED refreshers/STWC proficiencies)
- Ship Security Officer (preferred)
- Specialized Passenger Safety Management (Certificate or Endorsement)
- Stron g communications skills
- Knowledge of vessel and terminal operating processes, procedures, and technology
- Strong knowledge of statutory and regulatory rules and requirements
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Work-life balance and work in your home area
- Competitive salary and incentive program
- Company Defined Contribution Pension
- Group Benefits Plan
- Potential career growth
Bay Ferries Limited is committed to employment equity and actively recruits candidates from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act (women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities).
We are committed to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.