Posted date [2023-Feb-10] (ID: 2880)
We have an opening for a regular Captain for one of our vessels sailing between the Port of Montreal and St. John’s, NL. Reporting to the marine superintendent, the captain has overriding authority, and is responsible for the navigation, administration, management and security of the vessel, its cargo, pollution prevention and the crew.
More precisely, you will:
More precisely, you will:
• Direct vessel navigation and maneuvers. Ensure stability of the cargo and the vessel certification. Ensure compliance with ISM and ISO on board the vessel.
• Pilot the vessel in District #2 (Quebec-Les Escoumins) and Port of St. John’s (NL).
• Direct and supervise, in collaboration with subordinate officers, the personnel assigned to the vessel. Ensure that all members are in possession of necessary certification according to STCW-95 as required to perform their job.
• Plan voyages taking into consideration the weather and ice conditions, or any other circumstances deemed to influence the safety of the vessel. Determine the stability of the vessel taking into account the spreading of the cargo, the drinking water and the fuel.
• Plan, organize, direct and coordinate vessel operations, in compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures, as well as with the Company’s objectives in regards to Health & Safety and Environmental regulations.
• Manage human and material resources to ensure that the vessel is operated within the allocated budget and in accordance with applicable standards, programs, regulations and directives.
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience as a Captain;
• Master Mariner and/or Master Near Coastal certificate;
• District #2 (Quebec-Les Escoumins) and/or St. John’s (NL) pilotage certificates are definitely assets;
• Bilingualism: French & English (Knowledge of French language is mandatory to be eligible to the pilotage exam).
• Excellent leadership, management and effective problem solving skills;
• Excellent navigating skills;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Capacity to work under pressure.
We offer excellent and competitive work conditions, high technology vessels, regular schedule 28/28, as well as group insurances, pension plan and bonus program.
Boarding Location: Montreal, Qc
Starting date: April 25th, 2023
The chosen candidate will have a training/familiarization period before taking command of the ship.
To express your interest in the position, please forward your resume and cover letter as soon as possible in confidence to the following link: https://www.oceanex.com/hr
Oceanex Inc. is committed to equity in employment and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all candidates for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.