McKeil Marine is one of Canada’s leading marine service providers. Experienced and adaptive, we deliver turn-key solutions that support our customers success in a wide range of transportation and project challenges. Customer service, safety, quality and respect for the environment are at the heart of our operations. When you join McKeil Marine you can look forward to a very competitive total compensation program and a team of passionate colleagues in a fast paced, growing organization that supports all communities in which we operate.
McKeil Marine Limited has immediate openings for Chief Engineers aboard our tugs on a permanent full-time basis. We are looking for eager and self-starting individuals to manage all machinery and lead engine room personnel.
- Our crew enjoy regular schedules with minimal disruptions - you can plan your time at home
- Company paid and arranged travel to ports
- Our crew matter - at McKeil it feels like family
- We sail safe - your safety is our top priority
- Certificate upgrade programs and incentives
- Company paid training
- Competitive wages and comprehensive group benefits program
- Annual crew meetings foster team building
- Generous referral bonus program
- Responsible for overseeing all engineering department personnel on board
- Safe and economical operations of all machinery on both the tug and barge
- Proper maintenance of all machinery on both the tug and barge
- Performs troubleshooting, problem solving as well as preventative and corrective maintenance to prevent down time and to ensure the efficient and continual functioning of the vessel
- Prevention of and response to oil pollution from the vessel by ensuring the proper pollution procedures are followed and pollution containment equipment is readily available
- Monitoring of bunkers and lubricants
- Familiarize and ensure engineering personnel follow all policies and procedures and have access to the appropriate manuals and documentation
- Other duties assigned
- First, Second, or Third-Class Engineer Certificate issued by Transport Canada
- Experience as a leader and motivator of direct reports
- Strong in sense of responsibility and pride in overall condition of machinery
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Experienced with Safety Management Systems
Be a part of a winning and growing organization!
Licensed candidates must hold a valid Transport Canada Certificate of Competency, valid seafarer’s medical, and be STCW 95 certified. Candidates must also possess a valid passport as well as clearance to enter the US.
We thank all applicants but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. McKeil Marine is committed to the principles of Employment Equity. NOUVELLE ADRESSE!