JOB OFFER: Chief ENGINEER
Reformar Inc is a company which manages scientific equipment and vessel’s. We are presently looking for a Chief Engineer in order to complete our expanding team. This is a permanent position on rotation (1 month on/1 month off) that will operate mainly on board the vessel the Coriolis II.
Und er the authority of the Master and the Executive Director, the Chief Engineer is responsible of the Engine Department, especially :
- Supervise and provide technical assistance to the staff;
- Perform repairs and maintenance of the engine room and equipment according to the procedures of the corporation;
- Ensure compliance with safety and environmental policies;
- Ensure conformity of ISM manuals/procedures, ship certification, departmental records and maintenance records (SINEX);
- Prepare, plan and coordinate the preventive and corrective maintenance of equipment on board, as well as dry docks;
- Manage the inventory and order the necessary parts while checking their conformities, and provide annual budget planning; and
- Perform other related tasks required for the benefit of the organization.
Skills, Requirements and training
- Transport Canada STCW Certificate as a 1st or 2nd class engineer without restrictions;
- Medical certificate issued by Transport Canada;
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience;
- Autonomous, orderly and demonstrate positive leadership;
- Respect of deadlines, management of priorities, flexibility and attention to detail;
- Good knowledge in french and english;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Good knowledge of Office and of the assisted maintenance management system.
- RRSP program.
- On rotation 1 month on/1 month off
To submit your application, please send all relevant information to Michel Roy, Operations Assistant :
310, allée des ursulines
Rimouski (Québec) G5L 3A1
We thank all the candidates who will show their interest, but will only contact the ones selected for an interview.
The masculine is used without any intent of discrimination to lighten the text.
Only the candidates selected will be contacted for an interview.