Transport Desgagnés specializes in ship management, in shipping line and in vessels operations in order to freight items to internal customers which are its commercial subsidiaries to fulfill their commercial needs.
ON BEHALF OF GCC German Crew Center GmbH (Voelckersstrasse 31, 22765, Hamburg, Germany), Desgagnés is recruiting one (1)Chief Engineeron board the vessel M/T Harbour Feature(under Portugal flag) trading in the Great Lakes and Eastern Canada. This temporary position will start on or about July 14th, 2022, for a duration of two (2) months.
The Chief Engineer is responsible for the operation, maintenance of the various technical elements (mechanical propulsion, electrical production, automation, hydraulic installation, air conditioning etc.) of the ship. He is also responsible for the operations of bunkering, fuel transfer and pumping residues. He is responsible for the management of all the personnel in the engine room.
· First-class engineer, motor ship Certificate of Competency (STCW)
· Certificate of Competency in Advanced Training for Oil Tanker Cargo Operations (STCW)
· Valid Marine Medical Certificate
· Certificate of Competency in Marine Emergency Duties (STCW)
· Marine Advanced First Aid certificate
· Eight (8) to ten (10) years of experience as Chief Engineer on oil/chemical tanker vessels
· Proficiency in English (Working Language)
All applicants must have previous relevant experience on oil and chemical tankers and hold all appropriate STCW certificates recognized by the flag authority for the respective position as outlined above.
The hourly rate is $65.36for the first 40 hours/week and $98.05 thereafter. Min. 8h/day, 7 days/week, vessel operating 24 hours/day). Insurance coverage in accordance with the Maritime Labor Convention 2006 (Articles 2.5 and 4.2).
Please indicate "Chief Engineer– Harbour Feature" in the subject line.
We are committed to the Employment Equity Act and invite designated groups to apply.
PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME BY E-MAIL TO:
ONLY SELECTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Masculine gender is used solely to simplify the text.