Brief description of the company:
IT International Telecom Inc. is an ISO-certified marine network installer offering desktop study, marine route survey, engineering design, installation and maintenance services for submarine cable systems worldwide.
As an organization independent of any carrier or manufacturer, IT is in the unique position to collaborate with customers, providing them with cost-effective and ideal technical solutions for each project. Above all, IT delivers quality solutions based on proven engineering and installation techniques.
IT was formed in 1995 and for over 20 years has been recognized as one of the worlds’ finest marine system providers. IT is proud to have many repeat clients that are all based on proven engineering techniques and quality of service.
With projects successfully completed in over 65 countries and counting, IT is pleased to work towards providing clients with the best technical solutions at the most competitive prices in the industry. IT constantly strives to meet the ever-changing climate and challenges of subsea projects.
Reporting to the Chief Cook, we are seeking a temporary Second Cook on our vessel the IT Integrity. The company offers excellent working conditions, a learning environment with opportunities for advancement, and an attractive overall compensation that matches the experience of the chosen candidate.
His /Her responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Elaborating the midnight meal menu with the Chief Cook
- Ensuring cleanliness of galley, dry provision room, freezers and refrigerated room
- Assisting Chief Cook with taking inventory and preparing provision orders when required
- Ensuring cleanliness of food service area
- Assisting Chief Cook with disposal of garbage
- Loading of provisions
- Understanding and adhering to the Safety Management System in the catering department
- Implementing HSE plan at individual level
- At least 1 year experience in rank
- All necessary certificates in hand
- Have a good sense of housekeeping and hygiene
- Valid Marine Medical
- Food Handler Certificate
- COC – Ship’s Cook
- STCW Basic Safety
- Marine Advanced First Aid
- Seaman’s Book
- Ship Personnel with Designated Security Duties
Interested and available for national and international travel. A valid passport is required.
Employment status: Temporary
We thank all applicants who will take the time to send us their CV, however, please notes that only the candidates matching the profile will be contacted.