We are currently looking for qualified cooks/chefs to join our team!
Selection process number: 19-DFO-CEN-EA-CCG-266763 (SC STD 03-05)
What qualities and interests are important?
- To be empathetic, generous and versatile
- Enjoy providing high quality services
- Have an interest in working at sea
- Have a good sense of organization and priorities
- Able to work irregular schedules
- Taste for adventure and travel!
Cooks/Chefs work a schedule of a period of 14 to 42 days at sea, followed by equivalent time off with pay.
Job Titles: Cook/Chef
Tenure: Term (Relief) Opportunities
Locations: Various locations in Ontario and Québec
Rates of Pay: $55,824 to $59,496 annual salary not including overtime
Who can apply: Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad
Qualifications candidates must possess (essential):
- English Essential (Ontario), French Essential (Québec)
- Valid TC Ship's Cook Certification OR Provincial Standard (Red Seal) OR Successful completion of Vocational diploma (DEP) in cooking or pastry.
- Valid Safe Food Handling certificate
- Working Effectively with Others
Experience in the hospitality industry as a cook or chef
Conditions of Employment:
- Reliability or Secret security clearance
- Hold a valid passport
- Valid Health Canada Medical (however, a valid Transport Canada Seafarer’s medical may be accepted on initial appointment for a period of up to a maximum of 6 months or until a Health Canada Medical is completed)
- Others as applicable to the position
For questions in English please contact:
Laura Bear, Human Resources Advisor, Laura.Beardfo-mpo.gc.ca
For questions in French please contact:
Chanelle Belzil, Human Resources Advisor, Chanelle.Belzildfo-mpo.gc.ca
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please contact 1-800-645-5605 to request special accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.