Pay: $67,721 to $69,909 annually
- An experience of a lifetime serving Canadians
- Unique work location on a ship
- Strong work life balance
- Paid vacation & sick leave and competitive wages
- Hands-on training and career development
- Inclusive, flexible and exciting workplace
- Health & dental care for long-term employees
- Canada Pension Plan for long-term employees
Cooks on our ships provide food and catering services to our crew and passengers, including planning menus and preparing 3 meals a day for everyone onboard.
Your work location would be one of our Canadian Coast Guard ships, which are stationed across Canada’s coasts. A typical work schedule is 2-6 weeks onboard a ship, followed by the same amount of paid time off.
At the Canadian Coast Guard, we work to ensure the safety of mariners in Canadian waters and help protect Canada's marine environment. To do this important work, we rely on the expertise of our skilled personnel. From our at-sea marine navigators and engineers, to our onshore response specialists, we’re here to serve Canadians and everyone in Canadian waters.
Find out more information about the Canadian Coast Guard by visiting our website at canada.ca/coast-guard-jobs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Helping to prepare and cook all food
- Assisting the chief cook in planning the ship’s menus
- Helping to modify recipes to meet dietary needs
- Assisting in storing food and maintaining the ship’s kitchen and its equipment
- Ensuring food safety and sanitation standards are met
- Participating in safety and emergency drills and operations, like all crew members
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Minimum of 3 months experience working as a cook
- Valid food safety certification
One of the following:
- cook certificate or a diploma from a recognized school
- Red Seal cook certificate
- Transport Canada Ship’s Cook Certificate
- Dependable, organized, with a strong work ethic
- Works well in a team
The Canadian Coast Guard: Live the experience of a lifetime every day.