Transport Desgagnés specializes in ship management, in shipping line and in vessels operations in order to freight items to internal customers which are its commercial subsidiaries to fulfill their commercial needs.
ON BEHALF OF Cassiopeia Shipmanagement (Cyprus) LTD (58-60, Ag.Athanasiou Ave., 4102 Limassol, Cyprus), Desgagnés is recruiting one (1)Bosunon board the vessel M/T Harbour Feature(under Portugal flag) trading in the Great Lakes and Eastern Canada. This temporary position will start on or about July 14th, 2022, for a duration of two (2) months.
The Bosun carries out the maintenance tasks. Under the supervision of the Officer of the watch, he carries out the mooring operations (docking and departure of the vessel), as well as the preparation of the equipment required for these operations.
· Bridge Watch Rating Certificate of Competency or higher (STCW)
· Certificate of Competency in Basic Training for Oil Tanker Cargo Operations for Ratings (STCW)
· Valid Marine Medical Certificate
· Certificate of Competency in Marine Emergency Duties (STCW)
· Marine BasicFirst Aid certificate
· Three (3) to four (4) years of experience as Seaman on oil/chemical tanker vessels
· Proficiency in English (Working Language)
All applicants must have previous relevant experience on oil and chemical tankers and hold all appropriate STCW certificates recognized by the flag authority for the respective position as outlined above.
The hourly rate is $27.27for the first 40 hours/week and $40.91 thereafter. Min. 8h/day, 7 days/week, vessel operating 24 hours/day). Insurance coverage in accordance with the Maritime Labor Convention 2006 (Articles 2.5 and 4.2).
Please indicate "Bosun – Harbour Feature" in the subject line.
We are committed to the Employment Equity Act and invite designated groups to apply.
PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME BY E-MAIL TO: RHDESGAGNES.COM
ONLY SELECTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Masculine gender is used solely to simplify the text.