Marine Electrician (Temporary)
Posted date [2022-Nov-03] (ID: 2774)
We have an opening for a temporary Electrician position on one of our ships, which sails from Halifax, NS to St. John’s, NL. The Electrician is responsible for accomplishing electrical tasks specific to the ship. He follows the instructions given by the Engineer on Watch and assists him/her as needed. The Electrician reports to the Chief Engineer, with functional reporting to the 2nd Engineer (routine and maintenance).
Tasks and responsibilities
• Operating the electrical plant safely and efficiently.
• Maintaining electrical and electronic equipment (communications, GMDSS, nav aids)
• Notifying the Chief Engineer of spare part and consumable requirements.
• Keeping the 2nd Engineer informed of work progress.
• Reporting defects or irregularities to the Chief or 2nd Engineer immediately.
• Implementing the QSMS as it pertains to safe machinery and electrical operations.
• Have knowledge of international and national regulations, codes and guidelines, Company policies, and instructions on emergency duties as it pertains to their position.
Boarding location : Halifax, NS
Status : Temporary
Boarding date : as soon as possible
We offer excellent work conditions, high technology vessels, regular schedule 28/28.
• Trade with Electronics Endorsement
• MED, STCW Basic Safety
• Proficiency in Survival Crafts and Rescue Boats other than Fast Rescue Boats
• Proficiency, Ship Personnel with Designated Security Duties
• Marine Medical Certificate
To express your interest in the position, please forward your resume and cover letter as soon as possible in confidence to the following link : https://www.oceanex.com/hr