NORBULK SHIPPING UK LTD
Since the formation of Norbulk Shipping in 1982, we have continued to expand our ship management and crew management operations. Working to the highest standards both on shore and at sea Norbulk now undertakes full technical management of over seventy vessels, employing over 3500 highly well trained seafarers.
Over the past three decades Norbulk has built up a wealth of experience managing a wide variety of vessels engaged in worldwide trade. Norbulk maintans it's competitive edge due to our vigorous and proactive approach to the shipping industry.
Our aim is to excel in the ship managemet services we provide to our clients and to ensure the safety and well being of our seafarers and the protection of the environment for future genration.
We are currently recruiting a Technical Superintendent for our 2 Canadian Flagged Vessels the MT Acadian & the MT East Coast.
The Technical Sperintendent is to liaise with all relevant opeational staff to facilitate the efficient and economic operation of the vessels which shall include the following:
- Ensure all requisitions originating from either vessels or the Operations Department are processed efficently and fully expedited until received on board;
- Ensure that any proposed or anticipated excess over the agreed budet has the Fleet Manager's/Owner approval.
- Liaise with the ship manager and Insurance Department in the preparation of insurace claims an ensure all necessary technical information and reports are availble to enable timely preparation of reports and payments on account.
Education and Training:
Minimum Chief Engineer’s licence and relevant experience as Chief & 2nd Engineer on board or a
degree in either Marine Engineering or Naval Architecture following successful completion of
the Company’s Graduate Training Programme. Other relevant training, qualifications and
experience may be required as determined by the General Manager.
Under the overall supervision of the General Manager, and the day-to-day supervision of the
Fleet Manager, the Technical Superintendent is responsible for the efficient technical operation
of the vessels allocated to him/her. This shall include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Monitor legislative and regulatory requirements to ensure their assigned vessels are
operated and maintained in full compliance with all Class, Flag Administration,
Governmental and International Regulations;
- Monitor, review and action as necessary all technical information and reports received
from the vessel;
- Visit vessels on a regular basis to review general condition, compliance with safety
procedures and performance of ship’s staff;
- Ensure a comprehensive Planned Maintenance Programme is effectively implemented
by ship’s staff including assessment of all vessel requests to defer jobs;
- Ensure strict implementation of the Company’s Marine Pollution Manual;
- During vessel inspections, convene a Safety Meeting with all crew, with attendance to
be documented accordingly;
- During vessel visits, ensure Senior Personnel performance is reviewed and
- Ensure vessel attendance planning spreadsheet is maintained up-to-date;
- Ensure the timely submission to Owners of all technical and inspection reports, etc.
- Participate in the interview process and scheduling for officers and crew as required;
- Conduct pre-joining briefings of Chief Engineers for their allocated vessels;
- Conduct incident investigations following technical malfunctions or environmental
- Prepare drydock and repair specifications for agreement with the Fleet Manager prior to
submission to Owners (if required). N.B. Drydocking and repair accounts to be signed
“Agreed for work done only” and must only be approved for cost negotiated with the
Fleet Manager’s authority;
- Act as member of the Emergency Response Team in the event of a contingency;
- Provide cover for any employee within their department as directed by the Fleet
If you or someone you know in your professional network would be a fit for this exciting position please apply in confidence to krista.nesbittnorbulknb.com
We offer a competitive total compensation package and encourage continuous learning.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those matching the qualifications listed above will be contacted for an interview.