Hornblower Niagara Cruises is Canada’s ONLY boat ride to the mighty Niagara Falls.
At Hornblower Niagara Cruises, we have a team of amazing people who work together to create memorable and lasting experiences for our guests who visit us from all over the world. Our commitment to quality, safety and the environment is reflective in everything that we do! If you are an enthusiastic team player who thrives in a work environment where communication, creativity and cooperation are encouraged, we may just have the opportunity for you!...
Under the direct supervision of the Manager, Marine Engineering, the Marine Engineer executes repairs and regular maintenance of our fleet of Transport Canada inspected passenger vessels, floating docks, marine railway and associated equipment. The Engineer completed daily job assignments and duties and reports on the status of work assignments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- ensures the safe and reliable operation of all vessels, system, machinery and equipment under his/her care with due regard for Hornblower Niagara Cruises (HNC) Safety Managemnt System (SMS) and ISO Respect Management (RMS), the vessel Security Plan (VSP), proper standards of watchkeeping, and in accordance with practice of good seamanship.
- directly supervises the Marine Technicians
- routinely inspects all areas of the vessels, stages, dock and marine railway for unsafe conditions and assists in accident investigations and reports
- participates in safety meetings and emergency drills in accordance with Transport Canada regulations, the Safety Management System (RMS) and Vessel Security Plan (VSP) to ensure a routinely efficient and safe operation at all times and the proper use of equipment during any possible emergency
- maintains engineering operations and maintenance logs, paying particular attention to proper recording of incidents and irregularities
- ensures a clean workplace throughout the day, at the beginning and end of shifts
- performs all other duties as assigned
- valid Transport Canada 4th class Marine Engineering Certificate (or greater)
- curren Marine Basic First Aid (or greater)
- current (within previous two (2) years Transport Canada approved marine medical
- possess and maintain a current Ontario driver's license and satisfactory driving record
- demonstrated knowledge of diesel engines, mechanical, electrical and plumbing system
- WHMIS for workers in Ontario an asset
- Working at Heights Training an asset
- Confined Space Training an asset
- Pleasure Craft Operator Card (or greater) an asset
- candidates who, in addition to the above, possess specialized skills such as fitting, welding, equipment operating will be given strong consideration