Brief description of the company:
IT International Telecom Inc. is an ISO-certified marine network installer offering desktop study, marine route survey, engineering design, installation and maintenance services for submarine cable systems worldwide.
As an organization independent of any carrier or manufacturer, IT is in the unique position to collaborate with customers, providing them with cost-effective and ideal technical solutions for each project. Above all, IT delivers quality solutions based on proven engineering and installation techniques.
IT was formed in 1995 and for over 20 years has been recognized as one of the worlds’ finest marine system providers. IT is proud to have many repeat clients that are all based on proven engineering techniques and quality of service.
With projects successfully completed in over 65 countries and counting, IT is pleased to work towards providing clients with the best technical solutions at the most competitive prices in the industry. IT constantly strives to meet the ever-changing climate and challenges of subsea projects.
We are currently looking for a Electrical Technical Officer on our vessel the IT Integrity. This is an initial 6 week position with the possibility of permanent after two six week rotations. The companyoffers excellent working conditions, a learning environment with opportunities for advancement, a full range of benefits, and an attractive overall compensation that matches the experience of the chosen candidate.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintenance, operation and repair of the ships subsea and sensor systems
- Operational support for the ROV and Plough systems
- Operational support, when required, for the cable engines
- Maintenance, repair and stores of the Ships Server and PC’s, Ships UHF, HF, VHF and satellite communications, radars, internal communications, gyros and navigation aids, Ships DP control system including HPR
- Effective organization, training and management of personnel and equipment
- Technical support for the Cable engines, ROV crane, Test room equipment, Sigma drives on Diesel Electric propulsion system
- Onboard Supervision of the ships ShipSure PMS management system including training of ships staff
- Ensuring that all records, manuals and technical drawings are updated and maintained in a correct and usable form
- Implementing the HSE plan at the individual level
- Understanding and implementing the Safety Management System
- According to rank, understanding international and national regulations, codes and guidelines, company policies, and instructions on emergency duties
- At least 2 years’ experience in rank and on similar type of vessel
- Ability to solve problems based on experience and education
- Experience on different type of propulsion, main and auxiliary engines
- Service and repair of main and auxiliary equipment
- Transport Canada COC – ETO
- STCW Basic Safety
- Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats Other Than Fast Rescue Boats
- Marine Basic First Aid
- Adv. First Aid or Marine Medical Care
- Seaman’s book
- Ship Security Duties
- Valid marine medical
Interested and available for national and international travel. A valid passport is required.
We have a COVID-19 Vaccination passport in effect, only those adequately vaccinated can apply.
Employment status: Temporary with the possibility of becoming permanent after two six-week rotation.
We thank all applicants who will take the time to send us their CV, however, please note that only candidates matching the profile will be contacted.