Oceanex Inc. is Atlantic Canada’s leader in intermodal transportation. We provide door-to-door transportation service from anywhere in North America to destinations in Newfoundland and Labrador. We are proud to offer our employees a positive work environment, competitive salaries and excellent benefits. When you are a member of the Oceanex team, you enjoy a stable career where your ideas are encouraged and skills valued.
We are presently looking to fill a temporary position as extra engine room rating onboard our vessels. The extra seamen will perform maintenance (cleaning, chipping, painting, etc.) for the engine room department.
Boarding Location: Montreal, Qc
Status: Temporary (approximately 8 consecutive weeks)
Joining date: as soon as possible
We offer excellent work conditions, high technology vessels.
- M arine Emergency Duties, STCW Basic Safety (Refresher)
- Proficiency in survival craft and rescue boats, other than fast rescue boats (Refresher)
- Ship Personnel with designated security duties proficiency
- Transport Canada medical certificate
- Bilingualism (French and English)
- Good ability to work with a team
To express your interest in the position, please forward your resume and cover letter as soon as possible in confidence to the following link: https://www.oceanex.com/hr
Oceanex Inc. is committed to equity in employment and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all candidates for their interest, but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. See Oceanex at www.oceanex.com