McKeil Marine is one of Canada’s leading marine service providers. Experienced and adaptive, we deliver turn-key solutions that support our customers success in a wide range of transportation and project challenges. Customer service, safety, quality and respect for the environment are at the heart of our operations. When you join McKeil Marine you can look forward to a very competitive total compensation program and a team of passionate colleagues in a fast paced, growing organization that supports all communities in which we operate.
Second Engineers - Self Unloader
McKeil Marine Limited has immediate openings for Second Engineers with self-unloader l experience for our new ship, arriving 2023. Positions are on a permanent full-time basis. We are looking for eager and self-starting individuals responsible for driving strong and initiative-taking maintenance processes for onboard machinery and propulsion systems.
- Our crew enjoy regular schedules with minimal disruptions - you can plan your time at home
- Company paid and arranged travel to ports
- Our crew matter - at McKeil it feels like family
- We sail safe - your safety is our top priority
- Certificate upgrade programs and incentives
- Company paid training
- Competitive wages and comprehensive group benefits program
- Generous referral bonus program
- Reports to the Chief Engineer
- Manages the day-to-day planning of all preventative maintenance processes and other personnel within the engineering department.
- Manages inventory, housekeeping, budgeting and proactive requisitioning to support the mechanical needs of the vessels engine room and other key auxiliary machinery areas onboard
- Sets and holds a high expectation with subordinates for efficient and proper performance of their duties.
- Sets high standards for cleanliness and orderliness within the engine room and auxiliary machine spaces.
- Competent in managing a budget to the planned maintenance systems
- Effective communication skills up and down the chain of command to facilitate their duties effectively
Strong safety and risk management mindset.
- Strong investigational skills for root cause analysis, contributing to a safe work environment and preventing repetitive incidents
- Superior critical thinking skills. Performs troubleshooting, inspection and audit tasks with a view to preventative and corrective maintenance to prevent down time; ensuring the efficient and continual functioning of the vessel
- Monitors bunkers, lubricants and spare parts inventory proactively to the PM system.
- Knowledgeable in regulatory compliances, TC, Port States and Class entity requirements.
- Organized, sets daily work routines for subordinates and themselves in support of preventative maintenance priorities.
- Understands, Respects, Teaches and Enforces company policy and procedure.
- Knowledge and functional in a quality management system
- Understanding of pollution regulations and the company's objectives regarding environmental protection
- Other duties assigned
- Mini mum 3rd Class Motor Engineer Certificate issued by Transport Canada
- Marine Emergency Duties (MED’s) STCW Basic Safety and Survival Craft Certifications
- Transport Canada Marine Medical
- Experienced with Safety Management Systems (ISO & ISM)
- Strong computer skills to work with MS products and NSE
- Strong leadership capability with proven problem-solving mindset.
- Effective communication and proven teamwork skills
- Initiative-taker, analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Previous self-unloading technology and operational routine experience a strong asset
Be a part of a winning and growing organization, joining our crew means receiving a total rewards package that includes company coordinated travels, best in class rotation schedules, company paid training and certificate upgrade bonuses.
Licensed candidates must hold a valid Transport Canada Certificate of Competency, valid seafarer’s medical, and be STCW 95 certified. Candidates must also possess a valid passport as well as clearance to enter the US.
We thank all applicants but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. McKeil Marine is committed to the principles of Employment Equity.