We have an immediate need for 1 full time welder/fitter for our Canadian flagged vessels: the MT East Coast and the MT Acadian. Core responsibilities include: the preparation, cropping out of steal work and general maintenance as directed by the Chief Engineer.
At Ocean Services Ltd., we are committed to the Heath & Safety of our seafarers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Replacing pipework
- Expereince in the art of "jigging pipe"; i.e. working with pipes, pipe blenders and flanges
- Carrying out inventory and maintaining stocks of materials (i.e. welding rods, pipe etc.)
- Laying out and fabricating metal structural parts such as plates, bulkheads and frames
- Rigging and lifting of small machinery, removing and relocating equipment
- Repairing and/or installing pipes and plumbing as needed
- Cleaning, greasing and corrosion from the work piece and examine it for defects
- Chipping or grinding away metal around cracks and joints in work piece to enable complete fusing of welding
- Heating and straighening pieces
- CWD SMAW (stick) all position welding ticket with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a fab shop and/or repair work would be optimal
- All required certifications to work in the marine industry (previous experience in the marine industry is considered an asset).
- MIG experience is an asset
- Basic lathe and machinerly work would be an asset
- Excellent working knowledge of Heath & Safety procedures and practices
- Experienced in proper rigging and lifting techniques
- Ability to work easily with the metric system
- Ability to read and interpret basic drawings and weld symbols
- Basic electrical and refrigeration knowledge is an asset
- Hydraulic System knowledge is an asset
Our ideal candiate is a self-starter, is "solutions oriented" and is passionate about what they do.
We offer a competitive wage package and a day for day leave system for our crew. If you or someone in your professional network is interested in this exciting opportunity please contact and send your CV to Krista Nesbitt at krista.nesbittnorbulknb.com no later than midnight August 10th, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those qualifed will be contacted for an interview.