We have immediate openings for Deckhands aboard our tugs on a permanent full-time basis. We are looking for eager and self-starting individuals.
- Perform Watchkeeping duties as required by chief officer;
- Perform fire and security rounds and maintain gangway watch while in port;
- Perform general maintenance and hygiene duties as directed by the Chief Officer, including painting, cleaning, planned maintenance work;
- Perform deckhand duties at port including line handling, handling ship–assist lines and cargo loading;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bridge Watch Rating Certificate of Competency (Transport Canada);
- Transport Canada Marine Medical;
- Team Player;
- Able to handle multiple tasks.
Be a part of a winning and growing organization. Joining our crew means receiving a total rewards package that includes company coordinated travels, favourable rotation schedules, company paid training and certificate upgrade bonuses.
If this sounds like an ideal position for you, please visit our website mckeil.com to view current opportunities.
We thank all applicants but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. McKeil Marine is committed to the principles of Employment Equity.