McKeil Marine is one of Canada’s leading marine service providers. Experienced and adaptive, we deliver turn-key solutions that support our customers’ success in a wide range of transportation and project challenges. Customer service, safety, quality and respect for the environment are at the heart of our operations. Manned by highly skilled sailing crew, our ever-growing diverse and versatile fleet of bulkers, tankers, tugs, barges and workboats, operate throughout the Great Lakes, St. Lawrence River, east coast and Canadian Arctic.
We have immediate openings for Deckhands aboard our Ships, Tugs & Tankers. We are looking for eager and self-starting individuals.
- Our crew enjoy regular schedules with minimal disruptions - you can plan your time at home
- Company paid and arranged travel to ports
- Our crew matter - at McKeil it feels like family
- We sail safe - your safety is our top priority
- Certificate upgrade programs and incentives
- Company paid training
- Competitive wages and comprehensive group benefits program
- Generous referral bonus program
- Support ship-assist, line handling and cargo loading/unloading
- Perform fire and security rounds and maintain gangway watch while in port
- Watchkeeping duties as required by Chief Officer
- General upkeep and maintenance duties including painting, cleaning and planned maintenance work
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous tug boat experience required
- Marine Emergency Duties (MED’s) STCW Basic Safety and Survival Craft Certifications
- Bridge Watch Rating Certificate of Competency issued by Transport Canada
- Transport Canada Marine Medical
- Strong communication and proven teamwork skills
You will join a team of passionate colleagues in fast paced, growing organization that supports all communities in which we operate. McKeil Marine offers a very competitive total compensation program.
We thank all applicants but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. McKeil Marine is committed to the principles of Employment Equity.