World-class company and Quebec flagship, Ocean Group is a leader in the Canadian marine industry. We have built our history and reputation with our employees. We believe in developing and maintaining a strong culture based on the prevention of health, safety and environmental. We promote a healthy, safe and respectful work environment for our surroundings and our host communities. Within our various talented teams, we find employees who are driven by a desire to make a difference and who integrate our values of excellence, integrity and respect. Come and take on challenges within a company with great ambitions and put your passion to work. Come "live Ocean"!
Ocean Group was awarded the HR - Best Practices Award by the Chambre de commerce et d’industrie de Québec at the prestigious Fidéides 2021 evening.
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION
Reporting to the Captain, the incumbent will be responsible to handles cables of various sizes in order to perform the berthing and unberthing of the tug. He also carries out all tug maintenance operations. The incumbent will be required to work at the port of Hamilton, Ontario
- Participate in the maneuvers on the tug
- Ensure the berthing of tugs using cables
- Maintain accommodations and decks
- Adjust the bridge and see to the safe transfer of persons
- Ensure connection to ground power (outlet and circuit breaker)
- Perform cleaning, painting and other work in relation to tug maintenance
- Assist the chief engineer in certain tasks
- Participate and support the activities of the Health, Safety and Environment Management System.
Certificates of proficiency :
- STCW Basic Safety
- Survival Craft and Rescue Boats other than Fast Rescue Boats
- Restricted Radiotelephone Operator’s Certificate-Maritime (ROC-M)
- Valid medical certificate issued by Transport Canada
- Bridge watch rating certificate of competency (an asset)
- Marine Basic First Aid certificate (an asset)
- 3 to 5 years of experience as Deckhand
- Valid driver's license (Class 5)
- Demonstrate autonomy
BENEFITS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Permanent job;
- Full range of benefits;
- Free employee assistance program accessible to the whole family;
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP);
- Social club;
NB: Ocean Group subscribes to an Equality Access Program and invites women, visible minorities, First Nations and Inuit people and persons with disabilities to apply. The masculine form is used in this document for conciseness purposes only. We believe in the principle of employment equity and are open to measures of accommodation in the selection process.
OceanTM, Ocean GroupTM and any related logos/designs are trademarks of Ocean Group Inc. used under license.