Superintendent - Commercial and Technical Management
Navigation Desgagnés Inc.
Navigation Desgagnés carries out the marketing and chartering of cargo ships for the transport of general goods and dry bulk. It meets the specific needs of heavy industry, mining, manufacturing and grain production.
The Superintendent - Commercial and Technical Management is primarily responsible for the management of the cargo, including among others the planning and optimization of loading / unloading operations and technical aspects related to it, with the aim of maximizing the profitability of each trip and of all of NDI's commercial activities. He works closely with the ship-owner - (TDI) - in order to identify avenues for improvement in the performance of ships, the monitoring of risk analyzes and incidents as well as continuous improvements in connection with his functions. He ensures that all cargo operations are in compliance with contracts, Company procedures and applicable regulations, both in terms of internal trade and international trade.
• College or university diploma in the field of navigation or equivalent.
• University degree in management, administration, project management or equivalent would be an asset.
• Five years of experience in the marine transportation industry, including operations at sea and ashore, stowage or equivalent.
• Knowledge of the various merchant shipping laws and regulations as well as the operation of classification societies.
• Knowledge and mastery of MS Office software, particularly Excel.
• Sense of organization and planning.
• Sense of responsibility and commitment.
• Problem solving skills.
• Relational, communication and writing skills.
• Bilingualism, oral and written (French and English).
- Availability and mobility, including weekends if necessary.
Please send your resume by e-mail to: HRDESGAGNES.COM
Only selected candidates will be contacted