Canadian Coast Guard
Dredging Operations Officer and Project Officer, Hydrographic Data Processing (EG-06)
Selection process number : 20-DFO-CEN-EA-CCG-301346
Why work with us?
By joining the Canadian Coast Guard Waterways team as Dredging Operations Officer or Project Officer, Hydrographic Data Processing you take the opportunity to :
- Contribute directly to the accessibility of waterways and the safety of boaters.
- Take advantage of maternity, paternity, adoption, sick and family-related leave.
- Contribute to one of the best retirement plans in Canada, and enjoy excellent health and dental insurance coverage.
Number of positions to be filled : 2
Location : Quebec City
Salary : $72,406 to $88,091
Who can apply : Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad
Closing date : January 11, 2021
Dredging Operations Officer
Essentially, you will be responsible for establishing a program to monitor and maintain the St. Lawrence waterway. Project management will be at the heart of your work. You will have to maintain a good communication between the various partners, ensure rigorous follow-ups and be solution-oriented when adjustments become necessary. It's a dynamic job that will keep you energized and motivated.
“During the dredging operations, it's quite dynamic! We are in constant communication with the contractors. There is a lot of problem-solving in this position but coming up with solutions is the most appealing and fulfilling part of the job!'' -Pierre Dion
Project Officer, Hydrographic Data Processing
You will be the team's hydrographic data specialist, the one who has in-depth and technical knowledge of bathymetry and hydrography concepts. You will be responsible for data quality control, analysis, and ringing the bells in case of anomalies. Are you a data cruncher? This position will feed your computer curiosity!
Qualifications required for both positions :
- Post-secondary degree or diploma specializing in civil engineering, geomatics or a related field, or a combination of training and experience relevant to the position being staffed.
- Minimum experience of 2 years in developing plans for marine work, geomatics, hydrographic surveys or mapping, involving the use of various tools in these fields.
- Experience preparing project management documents, e.g. statements of work, requests for proposals, service agreements and submissions of deliverables.
- Ability to communicate orally.
- Ability to communicate in writing.
- Ability to analyze, solve technical and operational problems, and make recommendations.
- Ability to provide service to clients – 1st Level.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
Essential qualification only for the Dredging Operations Officer position :
- General knowledge of project management principles.
Essential qualification only for the Project Officer, Hydrographic Data Processing position :
- Knowledge of principles and practices used in geomatics and nautical charting.
ALL JOB APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED USING THIS WEBSITE https://emploisfp-psjobs.cfp-psc.gc.ca/psrs-srfp/applican t /p age1800?p oster=1528702&toggleLanguage=en. NO APPLICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED BY EMAIL.
If you have any questions, please contact : Human resources, Quebec at rhqbcdfo-mpo.gc.ca.