Chantier Davie Canada Inc. is Canada’s largest shipbuilding and repair yard.
Based on values such as success, dynamic, accountability and relationship. You have a taste for adventure and want to start an exceptional career in an environment where you will have the opportunity to grow. Come support the nation with us. We build and repair Canadian ships for the Canadian Army and Transport Canada.
As a HEATING, VENTILATION AND AIR CONDITIONING (HVAC) ENGINEERING SPECIALIST, you will be responsible for developing ship propulsion and control systems specifications as they relate to heating, ventilation, and air conditioning.
More specifically, you will:
- Take a lead in all phases of projects from concept development, tender, bids, concept design, detail design, construction, commissioning, execution, modification to completion.
- Design complete HVAC solutions for vessels complying with all applicable rules, regulations, and class requirements, and serving the needs of operation.
- Design layout and ducting system, including dampers, filters, sound traps, air handling units and fans, to ensure they are efficiently and suitably integrated in the living quarters and other mechanically ventilated areas.
- Calculate heating/cooling balances and specify required air handling units and DX coolers.
- Produce flow diagrams and ducting and instrumentation diagrams (D&IDs).
- Coordinate, plan and schedule HVAC activities to ensure a logical sequence and timely preparation, review and revision of all related documents, as well as check and/or approve deliverables from the discipline, and assure schedule and quality are attained.
- Proactively support and cooperate with all engineering disciplines, Supply Chain, Estimation, Planning and other project teams to achieve optimal design results, including relevant input and comments to other discipline deliveries.
- Liaise with classification society, regulators and clients for the submission of documents and close out of comments.
- Support Technical Maintenance & Support team, Operation Managers and offshore units as and when required, including visiting units in operation as needed for technical support and troubleshooting.
- Degree in a related discipline.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience.
- Familiarity with hybrid power systems would be an asset.
- In-depth knowledge of the design and function of marine HVAC systems.
- In-depth knowledge of the relevant requirements of the classification societies and international rules and regulations.
- A candidate fluent in French would be privileged, but this skill is not essential. Davie will provide French language training courses as needed.
In order to be selected, you will need to undergo the investigation and security clearance process required by the Federal Government’s Contract Security Program.