ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING SPECIALIST
Posted date [2023-Feb-23] (ID: 2905)
Description du poste
Reporting to the Director, Production Engineering, the ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING SPECIALIST is responsible for the development, maintenance and delivery of required engineering information deliverables (i.e., technical work instructions, bills of materials, drawings and sketches, etc.) to support all electrical repair and installation activities for new build, conversion, or ship repair contracts.
More specifically, you will:
- Develop required information deliverables relating to shipyard electrical repair and installation activities in both ship repair projects and new construction.
- Extract details from specifications and work scopes agreed upon with the client to support work breakdown structure (WBS) planning, development of cost estimates for the required work and subsequent creation of effective high-quality job cards (work packages) to support the detailed planning phase.
- Be responsible for the assignment and control of the engineering bills of materials to ensure that the Planning Department has an accurate overview of the required materials.
- Ensure that all relevant scheduling and planning procedures and work instructions are available, understood and implemented on the project.
- Interpret ship specifications, client work scopes and requirements and relate them to onboard activities.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of an engineering activity database to support detail planning
- Ensure delivery of all required drawings, sketches and other required information.
- Provide information and input for the development of estimates and bids as required.
- Provide any data or coding requirements to support the creation of integrated software required to support the production engineering processes.
- Participate in supporting the creation of engineering information in support of electrical activities relating to subcontractors.
- Provide technical field support onboard the ship as required.
- Be responsible for progress reporting, schedule updates and communication of any issue relating to the timely creation of deliverables during the pre-planning phase of the project.
- Minimum 7 years in shipbuilding/ship repair or a combination of both (mandatory).
- College degree in a related field of study.
- Good knowledge of shipbuilding manufacturing processes.
- Ability to work in confidently and independently while prioritizing a large volume of work.
- Fully bilingual in French and English.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Successfully complete the investigation and security clearance process required by the Federal Government Contract Security Program.
- Familiarity with lean shipbuilding practices and product-oriented building strategies
- Experience working with AVEVA Marine Engineering ERM would be considered an asset.
- Experience with AutoCAD would be an asset.