The CSL Group Inc. (“CSL”) of Montreal, Canada is a world-leading provider of marine dry bulk cargo handling and delivery services. Through its major operating divisions, Canada Steamship Lines, CSL Americas, CSL Australia, CSL Asia and CSL Europe, CSL owns and operates a highly diversified fleet of specialized self-unloading vessels, off-shore transshippers and Handysize bulk carriers, and delivers more than 78 million tonnes of cargo to industrial customers annually. CSL's history can be traced back to 1845.
At CSL, we are committed to the wellbeing of our crews and employees, and to promoting a corporate culture that values high ethical standards, a safe and healthy workplace and respect for the environment. A career with CSL is both stimulating and challenging, and we are continually seeking skilled and passionate individuals to occupy key roles throughout our company.
For more information on CSL Group, please visit our website: https://www.cslships.com/en.Duties and responsibilities
- Act as admin support for the Global HSEQ Management team;
- Preparation of CSL Group Safety Reports (Monthly Group Safety Report, EXCO & Board presentations);
- Preparation of SafePartners communications and arranging French translations as required for Canadian Fleet (i.e. –Channel 16, SafePartners newsletters, Monthly Spotlight on Safety (Aus/Can), Electronic message board data (Can) & Annual Sustainability Reports.);
- Assist with the communication and implementation of new and existing company policies and procedures relating to safety, security, quality and/or environment for internal and external stakeholders;
- Tracking CSL Global fleet SafePartners pennant awards and working with regional CSL reps for vessel recognition communications;
- Ordering, maintaining stock levels and regional distribution of SafePartners pennants as required by the regions;
- Ordering & maintaining stock levels Vessel Safety related materials (SAF30 Contractor Booklets, Staff Note Books, Safety Posters etc.) for Canadian and Australian HSEQ Teams;
- Assist with revisions to CSL Vessel Management System for CAN/AUS;
- Assist CAN/AUS HSEQ Teams in drafting and distributing Fleet communications such as Spotlight on Safety, Safety Alerts, Regs4Ships updates and Fleet Letters/Emails;
- Assist Environmental Programs Coordinator as required with any Environmental related presentation for Senior Management or External Stakeholders;
- Assist Director, Crewing & Navigation with the documentation process for the GLPA program for the Canadian Fleet;
- Minute taking for Regional/Global HSEQ meetings attended and follow up with relevant persons assigned action points as to progress;
- Maintain AMSA Beacon and ACMA databases for Australian Fleet;
- Maintain vessel insurance certification for Australian and Canadian Fleets and update the Shipsure Certification model as required;
- Act as Coordinator for the Montreal Office Workplace Health and Safety Committee – Duties of the coordinator include: Schedule all meetings; Prepare the meeting agenda; Take meeting minutes and distribute them accordingly; Log and track action items from the meetings; Log and Track action items from any external verification/audit; Coordinate committee elections as required;
- Prepare and submit the annual Work Place Committee Report to Employment & Social Development Canada;
- Any other duties as required by the Global Safety Team.
- College degree –Administration (or equivalent);
- Minimum of 5 years of administrative experience;
- Knowledge of the marine industry and safety operations (an asset);
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PPT, etc.);
- Good communication (oral and written) skills;
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and interact with people at all levels;
- Good planning and organizational skills;
- Flexibility to adapt to changing tempo and challenges;
- Ability to synthesize and interpret data;
- Experienced in MS Word, PowerPoint, Good skills in Excel for manipulating data into Pivot charts/Graphs for analysis of said data;
- Ethical and Accountable.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.