Canadian Coast Guard - Maritime Search and Rescue Coordinator
Canadian Coast Guard
Maritime Search and Rescue Coordinator
GT-06 - Selection process number: 23-DFO-CEN-CCG-EA-601793
Positi on title : Maritime Search and Rescue Coordinator
Location : Trenton (Ontario), Québec (Québec)
Salary : $91,094 to $104,047 (Evening, night and weekend allowances / Bilingual bonus: $800 / Additional compensation: $5,988 / Paid Public Holidays: $10,090 to $11,525)
To learn more about the position of Maritime Search and Rescue Coordinator, please visit : Joint Rescue Coordination Centre - YouTube
Who can apply : Persons residing in Canada, and Canadian citizens and Permanent residents abroad.
**Please note that a withdrawal of candidacies will be held place on January 15, 2024.**
Duties : Maritime Search and Rescue Coordinators provide an invaluable service to people in need of assistance on the federally controlled waterways. They oversee the activation, planning and coordination of maritime search and rescue (SAR) with the assistance of strategically located Canadian Coast Guard SAR vessels, Royal Canadian Air Force resources and partners such as police, fire and emergency medical services.
Requiered qualifications :
- Various language requirements.
- A secondary school diploma or employer-approved alternatives.
- Watchkeeping Mate certificate or Watchkeeping Mate, Near Coastal certificate of Competency issued under the CANADA SHIPPING ACT, 2001 Marine Personnel Regulations SOR/2007-115 (or equivalent as determined by Transport Canada’s Regulations for equivalency).
- 12 months sea time experience as a navigation officer in charge of a watch OR Equivalent experience as per article 106(2)(C) of the Marine Personnel Regulations (SOR/2007-115).
- 12 months experience as a maritime coordinator in a Joint Rescue Coordination Centre (JRCC) or Marine Rescue Sub-Centre (MRSC) in Canada.
- 12 months experience in Canadian Coast Guard operations, such as the Regional Operations Centre.
- Knowledge of maritime search and rescue practices and procedures.
- Demonstrating integrity and respect.
- Thinking things through.
- Working effectively with others.
- Showing initiative and being action-oriented.
- Ability to communicate orally.
- Ability to communicate in writing.
ALL JOB APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED USING THE WEB SITE INVENTORY - Maritime Search and Rescue Coordinator (cfp-psc.gc.ca)
For any question : Human Resources Quebec at RH-Dotation-Quebec.XLAUdfo-mpo.gc.ca