Canadian Coast Guard
We are currently looking for qualified engineering officers to join our team!
Selection process number: 19-DFO-CEN-EA-CCG-266766 (SO MAO 03-08)
What qualities and interests are important?
- Strong interest for sciences and technological equipment
- Have an interest in working at sea
- Good manual dexterity
- Enjoy team work
- Be able to work irregular schedules
- Taste for adventure and travel!
Engineering Officers work a schedule of a period of 14 to 42 days at sea, followed by equivalent time off with pay.
Job Titles: Engineering Officer, Marine Engineer, Mechanic, Senior Engineer, Chief Engineer
Tenure: Term (Relief) Opportunities
Locations: Various locations in Ontario and Québec
Rates of Pay: $68,681 to $98,571 annual salary not including overtime
Who can apply: Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad
Qualifications candidates must possess (essential):
- English Essential (Ontario), Bilingual (BBB/BBB)(Quebec)
- Valid Transport Canada 4th Class Engineer - Motor Certificate (STCW) or higher
- Valid Marine Emergency Duties (MED) with respect to Basic Safety-STCW
- Valid Marine Emergency Duties (MED) Proficiency in Advanced Firefighting- STCW
- Valid Marine Emergency Duties (MED) Proficiency in survival craft and rescue boats other than fast rescue boats-STCW
Conditions of Employment:
- Reliability or Secret security clearance
- Hold a valid passport
- Valid Health Canada Medical (however, a valid Transport Canada Seafarer’s medical may be accepted on initial appointment for a period of up to a maximum of 6 months or until a Health Canada Medical is completed)
- Others as applicable to the position
For questions in English please contact:
Laura Bear, Human Resources Advisor, Laura.Beardfo-mpo.gc.ca
For questions in French please contact:
Mélanie Robitaille, Human Resources Advisor, Melanie.Robitailledfo-mpo.gc.ca
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please contact 1-800-645-5605 to request special accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.