You want to join a large-scale company in which your contribution will be recognized? Read on, this offer is perfect for you!
We are actively seeking an Engineer Officer to carry out to carry out various work on tugs at the Port of Montreal.
WHY GET ON BOARD?
- Temporary job – 1 year replacement;
- Schedule 7 on, 7 off;
- Full collective insurance (medicine, dental, vision, etc.);
- Free employee assistance program;
- Pension plan with employer contribution;
- Career opportunities;
- Work equipment provided;
- Social club and corporate events;
- Assistance with relocation if necessary.
YOUR TYPICAL DAY!
Reporting to Mechanical Superintendent, you will have to:
- Operate all machinery on fleet vessels;
- Perform preventive maintenance according to procedures and guidelines;
- Perform repairs and maintenance of the engine room and all equipment on board;
- Dismantle, repair and reinstall equipment related to main diesel engines, auxiliary diesel engines, hydraulic valves, water pumps and electrical systems onboard the vessel;
- Ability to read and understand vessel drawings (hull, piping diagrams, machinery and electrical diagrams);
- Participate and support the activities of the Health, Safety and Environment Management System.
OUR IDEAL COLLEAGUE!
- Canadian 2th or 3rd Class Marine Engineer's Certificate (Motor);
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years experience at sea as an engineer;
- Certificate of Proficiency: MED Basic Safety STCW;
- Valid Marine Medical Certificate;
- Lifeboat and rescue boat operation skills other than fast rescue boats; and advanced firefighting techniques (certificates of competency required for marine voyages outside the Gulf);
- Restricted radio operator certificate (an asset);
- Good knowledge of diesel mechanics;
- Good knowledge of hydraulic systems;
- Analytical skills for problem-solving and troubleshooting;
- Ability to work on a computer in a Microsoft Office environment;
- Positive leadership;
- Responsible, autonomous, motivated by teamwork and punctual;
- Bilingualism in French and English, oral and written (asset).
Founded in 1972, Ocean Group is a thriving, inspiring company with the wind in its sails! Leader in the Canadian maritime industry, our success is based on our ability to innovate, our determination to always move forward and the diversity of our services. Whether it is harbour towing, marine work, construction or ship repair, we are very proud of the achievements of our specialized workforce. Within our various teams, we find dynamic and passionate employees driven by the willingness to make a difference. We promote a healthy, safe and environmentally friendly work environment, reflecting our values of excellence, integrity and respect.
You want to join the team? Send us your resume now!NB: Ocean Group subscribes to an Equality Access Program and invites women, visible minorities, First Nations and Inuit people and persons with disabilities to apply. We believe in the principle of employment equity and are open to measures of accommodation in the selection process.