We are currently seeking a qualified Watchkeeping Engineer
This position is unionized. Wages and benefits will be paid as per union agreement.
The NACC fleet comprises pneumatic cement carriers that utilize a compressor and pump system to unload cement powder via a larger diameter hose and is now the second largest in the world. This operation is very clean, with essentially no discharge to the atmosphere. Cement shipping is a recognized market with generally smaller vessels servicing large global manufactureres that support infrastructure investment.
This position offers competitive benefits and compensation package, as well as a six week on/off leave system for a desirable balance between work and home life.
Candidates must possess:
- 4th Motor Certificate issued by Transport Canada
- Marine Medical issued by Transport Canada
- Marine emergency duty certificates issued by Transport Canada
- Personnel with security duties issued by Transport Canada
- Canadian passport or permanen residence status
If you are interested in a rewarding career with Algoma Central Corporation please send your resume to careersalgonet.com and include "NACC Watchkeeping Engineer" in the subject line of your email.