Watchkeeping Mates - Dry Bulk Vessels
Posted date [2019-Sep-17] (ID: 1638)
We are currently searching for qualified Watchkeeping Mates to join our team.
The Third Mate is a licensed member of the deck department and in addition to the regular watchkeeping duties, is also the ship’s designed Safety Officer.
Candidates must possess:
• Watchkeeping Mate Certificate issued by Transport Canada
• Radio Operator’s License (or GOC)
• Certificate of Proficiency for Vessel Personnel with Security Responsibilities (preferred)
• Great Lakes Pilotage Authority (GLPA) certificate holder (preferred)
• Canadian passport or permanent residence status
If you are interested in a rewarding career with Algoma Central Corporation please send your resume to careersalgonet.com and include “Watchkeeping Mate - Dy-Bulk” in the subject line of your email.
Algoma Central Corporation encourages application from designated group members identified under the Federal Employment Equity Act. We wish to thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.