Canadian Coast Guard
We are currently looking for qualified navigation officers to join our team!
Selection process number: 19-DFO-CEN-EA-CCG-266765 (SO MAO 03-08)
What qualities and interests are important?
- Strong interest for sciences and technological equipment
- Have an interest in working at sea
- Good concentration, communication and adaptation capabilities
- Good work organization and be able to set priorities
- Leadership and good judgement
- Team work capabilities
- Taste for adventure and travel!
Navigation Officers work a schedule of a period of 14 to 42 days at sea, followed by equivalent time off with pay.
Job Titles: Navigation Officer, Commanding Officer, Chief Mate, Chief Officer, Second Officer, Third Officer
Tenure: Term (Relief) Opportunities
Locations: Various locations in Ontario and Québec
Rates of Pay: $68,681 to $98,571 annual salary not including overtime
Who can apply: Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad
Qualifications candidates must possess (essential):
- English Essential (Ontario), Bilingual (AAA/AAA)(BBB/BBB)(AAA/BBB)(Quebec)
- Valid Transport Canada Watchkeeping mate, near coastal or higher
- Valid Marine Emergency Duties (MED) with respect to Basic Safety-STCW
- Valid Marine Emergency Duties (MED) Proficiency in Advanced Firefighting- STCW
- Valid Marine Emergency Duties (MED) Proficiency in survival craft and rescue boats other than fast rescue boats-STCW
Conditions of Employment:
- Reliability or Secret security clearance
- Hold a valid passport
- Valid Health Canada Medical (however, a valid Transport Canada Seafarer’s medical may be accepted on initial appointment for a period of up to a maximum of 6 months or until a Health Canada Medical is completed)
- Others as applicable to the position
For questions in English please contact:
Katherine Rawlings, Human Resources Advisor, Katherine.Rawlingsdfo-mpo.gc.ca
For questions in French please contact:
Nathalie Doiron, Human Resources Advisor, Nathalie.Doirondfo-mpo.gc.ca
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please contact 1-800-645-5605 to request special accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.