TRANSPORT DESGAGNÉS specializes in ship management, in shipping line and in vessels operations in order to freight items to internal customers which are its commercial subsidiaries to fulfill their commercial needs.
ON BEHALF OF GCC German Crew Center GmbH (Voelckersstrasse 31, 22765, Hamburg, Germany), Desgagnés is recruiting one (1) 3rd Officer on board the vessel M/T Harbour Feature (under Portugal flag) trading in the Great Lakes and Eastern Canada. This temporary position will start on or about July 14th, 2022, for a duration of two (2) months.
The 3rd Officer is usually referred to as the officer in charge of security (responsibility for items such as firefighting equipment, lifeboats and various other emergency systems).
• Watchkeeping Mate Certificate of Competency or higher (STCW)
• Certificate of Competency in Advanced Training for Oil Tanker Cargo Operations
• ECDIS Training
• Bridge Resources Management Training
• Valid Marine Medical Certificate
• Certificate of Competency in Marine Emergency Duties (STCW)
• Marine Advanced First Aid certificate
• One (1) year of experience as Third Officer on oil/chemical tanker vessels
• Proficiency in English (Working Language)
All applicants must have previous relevant experience on oil and chemical tankers and hold all appropriate STCW certificates recognized by the flag authority for the respective position as outlined above.
The hourly rate is $ 38.94 for the first 40 hours/week and $ 58.41 thereafter. Min. 8h/day, 7 days/week, vessel operating 24 hours/day). Insurance coverage in accordance with the Maritime Labor Convention 2006 (Articles 2.5 and 4.2).
Please indicate "3rd Officer – Harbour Feature" in the subject line.
We are committed to the Employment Equity Act and invite designated groups to apply.
PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME BY E-MAIL TO: RHDESGAGNES.COM
ONLY SELECTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Masculine gender is used solely to simplify the text.