Maritime Search and Rescue Coordinator
Fisheries and Oceans Canada - Canadian Coast Guard - Maritime Search and Rescue
Esquimalt (British Columbia)
$74,763 to $85,004
Selection process number: 22-DFO-WCCG-EA-CCG-340954
For further information on the organization, please visit Fisheries and Oceans Canada - Canadian Coast Guard
Who can apply: Persons residing in Canada, and Canadian citizens and Permanent residents abroad.
WHY WORK WITH US?
The Search and Rescue Coordinator is a shore opportunity that allows you to:
• Keep your Transport Canada Watchkeeping Mate (or higher) certificate
• Spend more time with family and friends. You will work on a rotating shift schedule.
• Enjoy generous paid time off.
• Contribute to one of the best pension plans in Canada as well as benefit from excellent medical/dental insurance coverage.
Pension link: https://www.canada.ca/en/treasury-board-secretariat/service s/pensio n-plan/prospective-members.html
Positions to be filled: Number to be determined
1. Knowledge of the Canadian SAR system Canadian Aeronautical and Maritime Search and Rescue Manual (CAMSAR)
2. Knowledge of the Global SAR system International Aeronautical and Maritime Search and Rescue Manual (IAMSAR)
3. Knowledge of local area geography
4. Knowledge of Canada Shipping Act, International Maritime Organization , IAMSAR and Safety of Life at Sea convention
1. Strategic Thinking
2. Dealing with Crises
3. Building Partnerships
1. Ability to analyze information critically and make decisions.
2. Ability to communicate effectively orally.
3. Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
4. Ability to work under pressure.
5. Ability to think critically
6. Ability to make decisions and communicate them
1. Teamwork / good interpersonal relations
• Willingness to work on a rotating shift schedule used to maintain a 24/7 service.
• Willingness to be part of a stand-by schedule with possibility of call back for overtime work.
• Maritime search and rescue coordinators must wear CCG uniform while on duty as described on the CCG uniform’s guidelines.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
• Valid Health Canada Medical – in accordance with position standards
• The successful completion of the following three courses within 12 months from appointment to the position in addition to the appropriate On-Job-Training program is mandatory:
- Maritime Search Planning Course (MSP)
- Search and Rescue (SAR) Mission Coordinator Course (SMC)
- SAR Mobile Facilities/On-Scene coordinator Course (SMF/OSC);
CCG Western Jobs