Watchkeeping Mate - Tanker Fleet
Posted date [2023-May-19] (ID: 3018)
We are currently seeking qualified Watchkeeping Mates
This position is unionized. Wages and benefits will be paid as per union agreement.
The Third Mate is a licensed member of the deck department. In addition to the regular watchkeeping duties, the Third Mate is also the ship’s designed Safety Officer.
Candidates must possess (at a minimum):
- Watchkeeping Mate Certificate issued by Transport Canada
- Radio Operator’s License (or GOC)
- Specialized Oil Tanker Endorsement
- MED training with respect to STCW Basic Safety
- MED training with respect to proficiency in survival craft and rescue boats other than fast rescue boats
- MED in advanced fire fighting
- Marine Medical
- Personnel with Security Duties
If you are interested in a rewarding career with Algoma Central Corporation please send your resume to careersalgonet.com and include “Watchkeeping Mate - Dry Bulk” in the subject line of your email.
Algoma Central Corporation encourages application from designated group members identified under the Federal Employment Equity Act. We wish to thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.