EXPERIENCED CHIEF OFFICER - Tanker fleet
Posted date [2017-Sep-22] (ID: 725)
We are recognized for the excellence of our maritime and land operations. Our fleet continues to grow with three more new state-of-the-art tanker vessels to come. They are the first liquefied natural gas (LNG) powered Canadian merchant vessels.
Desgagnés is now recruiting a CHIEF OFFICER for an immediate position onboard one of its new vessels on a year-round (equal time on/off) basis.
- Candidates holding the following qualifications will be considered:
Certificates of Competency:
• Master Mariner; or
• Chief Mate (unlimited)
At least 12 months of sea time as Chief officier on an oil tanker.
- Certiticate of proficiency in Advanced training for oil tanker cargo operations;
- Certificate of proficiency in Advanced training for chemical tanker cargo operations (an asset);
- GLPA Pilotage Certificate is a definite asset;
- Bridge Resources Management training;
- Valid Marine Medical Certificate;
- Valid MED Certificate of proficiency;
All candidates should have previous Oil Tanker experience and hold appropriate Canadian certification to comply with regulatory requirements for the respective position as outlined above.