McKeil Marine Limited has immediate openings for Second Engineers aboard our cargo vessesl on a permanen full-time basis. We are looking for motivated and eager individuals responsible for the maintenance, and cleanliness of all machinery.
- Report to the Chief Engineer;
- Update Preventative Maintenance System;
- Ensure maintenance of all machinery;
- Ensure proper round checks are carried out;
- Keep track of all defects and repairs required;
- Assist with the safe and proper operation of the propulsion and auxiliary machinery, prompt and precise response to the engine orders received from the navigating bridge;
- Monitoring o bunkers and lubricants;
- Safe and proper management of the Engine Room Department;
- Ensure to follow all safety policies and procedures;
- Other duties assigned.
- Secon d Class Engineer Certificate issued by Transport Canada
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Self-Started,strong problem solving capabilities;
- MED Refresher Training;
- Team player;
- Ship Personnel wih Designated Security Duties;
- Experiece with Safety Management Systems.
Be a part of a winning and growing organization. Joining our crew means receiving:
- A competitive compensation package
- Favourable rotation schedules - Equal Tim On/Off
- Company paid training
- Certificate upgrade bonuses
- Company coordinated travels
- Group RRSP
- Flexible Benefis Program
- We are committed to encouraging internal development and providing career enrichment opportunities
Licensed candidates must hold a valid Transport Canada Certificate of Competency, valid seafarer's medical, and be STCW 95 certified. Candidates must also possess a valid passport as well as clearance to enter the US.
If this sounds like an ideal position for you, please visit our website mckeil.com to view current opportunities.
We thank all applicants but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. McKeil Marine is committed to the principles of Employment Equity.