McKeil Marine Limited has immediate openings for Second Engineers aboard our Bulkers on a permanent full-time basis. We are looking for eager and self-starting individuals responsible for the up keeping, and maintenance of all machinery.
- Our crew enjoy regular schedules with minimal disruptions - you can plan your time at home
- Company paid and arranged travel to ports
- Our crew matter - at McKeil it feels like family
- We sail safe - your safety is our top priority
- Certificate upgrade programs and incentives
- Company paid training
- Competitive wages and comprehensive group benefits program
- Generous referral bonus program
- Reports to the Chief Engineer
- Responsible for the safe, efficient and economical operation all vessel machinery and equipment including maintaining Engine Room Watchkeeping duties
- Reporting of any incident and/or damage affecting sea worthiness, speed or normal operations
- Perform troubleshooting, problem solving as well as preventative and corrective maintenance to prevent down time while ensuring the efficient and continual functioning of the vessel
- Monitor bunkers, lubricants and maintain spare parts and inventory
- Ensure the machinery is in compliance and meets regulatory and class requirements
- Review and sign off the Engine Room Logbook while ensuring that all required information is entered accurately and kept up-to-date
- Maintain and update the Plan Maintenance System in accordance to company policies
- Understanding of pollution regulations and the company's objectives regarding environmental protection
- Other duties assigned
- Second , or Third-Class Motor Engineer Certificate issued by Transport Canada
- Marine Emergency Duties (MED’s) STCW Basic Safety and Survival Craft Certifications
- Transport Canada Marine Medical
- Experienced with Safety Management Systems (ISO & ISM)
- Experience with Microsoft Suite an asset
- Strong sense of responsibility and pride in overall condition of machinery
- Strong communication and proven teamwork skills
- Self-starter, analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Previous bulker experience required
Be a part of a winning and growing organization, joining our crew means receiving a total rewards package that includes company coordinated travels, favourable rotation schedules, company paid training and certificate upgrade bonuses.
Licensed candidates must hold a valid Transport Canada Certificate of Competency, valid seafarer’s medical, and be STCW 95 certified. Candidates must also possess a valid passport as well as clearance to enter the US.
We thank all applicants but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. McKeil Marine is committed to the principles of Employment Equity.