We have an opening for a Marine Engineer, second class motor position on the vessel Oceanex Connaigra which sails from Montreal to St. John’s, NL. The rotations are 28 days on / 28 days off.
The Second Engineer is responsible, under the Chief Engineer's direction, for the supervision of the operation, upkeep, maintenance and cleanliness of all machinery and machinery spaces, equipment, including spare parts for the receiving, stowage, care and economical use of all Engine Department stores; for the allocation and supervision of the duties of the Engine Department personnel.
Boarding location :Montreal, Quebec
Starting : October 17, 2020
Status :Temporary, from October 2020 to January 2021
We offer excellent work conditions, high technology vessels, regular schedule 28/28.
- Mandatory: Canadian Marine engineer certificate, motor vessel, Class 2 (STCW-95)
- Excellent leadership, supervision and planning skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bilingualism (French and English)
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Capacity to work under pressure
To express your interest in the position, please forward your resume and cover as soon as possible in confidence to the following link : https://www.oceanex.com/hr
Oceanex Inc. is committed to equity in employment and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all candidates for their interest, but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.