Marine engineer - 2nd class - temporary
Posted date [2023-May-11] (ID: 3007)
We are looking for a temporary Marine Engineer, Second Class Motor position on one of our ships, which sails from Halifax, NS to St. John’s, NL. The Second Engineer is responsible, under the Chief Engineer's direction, for the supervision of the operation, upkeep, maintenance and cleanliness of all machinery and machinery spaces, equipment, including spare parts for the receiving, stowage, care and economical use of all Engine Department stores; for the allocation and supervision of the duties of the Engine Department personnel.
- Cana dian Marine engineer certificate, motor vessel, Class 2 (STCW-95)
- Marine Medical Certificate
- MED STCW Basic Safety
- MED in Advanced Firefighting
- Proficiency in Survival Crafts and Rescue Boats other than Fast Rescue Boats
- Proficiency, Ship Personnel with Designated Security Duties
- Excellent leadership, supervision, and planning skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
Capacity to work under pressure
We offer excellent, competitive work conditions and regular schedule 28/28.
Boarding Location: St John’s, NL
Starting date: June 11th, 2023
To express your interest in the position, please forward your resume and cover letter before May 25th, 2023, in confidence to the following link: https://www.oceanex.com/hr
Oceanex Inc. is committed to equity in employment and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all candidates for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.