Compa ny Overview
LeeWay Marine is the leading marine services company in Atlantic Canada, operating fully crewed vessels to support all ocean going sectors. Our company is built on the fundamental principle that knowledge drives success.
We are currently accepting resumes for qualified Canadian Masters with a high level of Jet Boat driving experience for work off New Jersey.
- Responsible for the safe operation of the vessel as well as the safety of the crew and clients
- The implementation of company specific policies and management system requirements
- Managing the crew in a clear and concise manner to create strong teams and monitor performance, including the supervision and training of deck crew
- Ensuring shipboard operations are carried out in a safe, environmentally sound and efficient manner in accordance with applicable laws, standards and regulations,
- Ensuring planned maintenance programs are implemented and executed
- Reporting accidents/incidents, hazardous situations and nonconformities
- Ensuring emergency equipment is maintained, emergency procedures up to date, and emergency drills are conducted
- Responsible for preparation and/or submission of logbooks, daily records, maintenance records and permits in accordance with Company and regulatory requirements
- Maintain exceptional customer relations with the clientele onboard
The above list is a summary of key responsibilities. Additional duties and responsibilities as reasonably consistent with those usually performed by a Master may be required.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 500T Master Near Coastal or higher certificate of competency issued by Transport Canada
- Jetboat experience
- ECDIS experience and proficiency
- STCW Basic Safety
- STCW Survival Craft
- Valid and Unlimited Transport Canada Marine Medical
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Microsoft Suite an asset
- Proven track record of relevant offshore experience in the marine sector
- Ability to read, write, and understand English
- Hold Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residency
- Ability to travel to the US
LeeWay Marine values the diversity of the people it hires and serves. To ensure employment equity within the workplace, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Interested candidates should reply to this ad with a copy of their CV, noting their upcoming availability. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will be kept on file for future availabilities.