World-class company and Quebec flagship, Ocean Group is a leader in the Canadian marine industry. We have built our history and reputation with our employees. We believe in developing and maintaining a strong culture based on the prevention of health, safety and environmental. We promote a healthy, safe and respectful work environment for our surroundings and our host communities. Within our various talented teams, we find employees who are driven by a desire to make a difference and who integrate our values of excellence, integrity and respect. Come and take on challenges within a company with great ambitions and put your passion to work. Come "live Ocean"!
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION
Under the responsibility of the Director of Towing Operations, the incumbent will be responsible for performing various maneuvers at the Port of Montreal.
- Lead a crew and ensure the smooth running of maneuvers;
- Ensure that the vessel and crew have the necessary certification for the area of operations;
- Ensure the proper functioning of the ship’s equipment;
- Ensure the seaworthiness of the vessel for all conditions;
- Carry out the validation of lists of repairs and modifications with the superintendent;
- Inspect the material, structure and equipment in accordance with the SINEX maintenance program;
- Promote and maintain the health and safety of all persons on board of the vessel;
- Implement the company’s safety and environmental protection policies;
- Apply and audit the company’s SMS system;
- Operate vessels according to company practices and those recognised by the industry;
- Comply the requirements issued by the LPA;
- Participate and support the activities of the Health, Safety and Environment Management System.
- Posses a valid Captain’s licence 60 tons (minimum requirement);
- Possess a valid Marine Medical certificate issued by Transport Canada;
- Possess a MED- Basic Safety Training certificate for passenger-carrying vessels (A2)
- Possess a basic first aid training certificate at sea;
- Possess Restricted Radio Operator Certificate (ROC-MC) with Marine Qualification;
- Experience on pilot boats considered an asset;
- Possess knowledge of vessel machinery and/or hold a SVMO-Restricted certificate for passenger vessels;
- Demonstrate autonomy and be responsible;
- Available to work day, night and weekends;
- Intermediate knowledge of Outlook software and Office suite;
- Knowledge of navigation on the St. Lawrence River;
- Bilingualism in French and English, spoken and written considered an asset.
BENEFITS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Permanent job ;
- Full range of fringe benefits;
- Free employee assistance program available to the whole family;
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP);
- Social club;