McKeil Marine is one of Canada’s leading marine service providers. Experienced and adaptive, we deliver turn-key solutions that support our customers success in a wide range of transportation and project challenges. Customer service, safety, quality and respect for the environment are at the heart of our operations. When you join McKeil Marine you can look forward to a very competitive total compensation program and a team of passionate colleagues in a fast paced, growing organization that supports all communities in which we operate.
McKeil Marine Limited has immediate openings for Chief Engineers aboard our tugs on a permanent full-time basis. We are looking for eager and self-starting individuals to manage all machinery and lead engine room personnel.
- Our crew enjoy regular schedules with minimal disruptions - you can plan your time at home
- Company paid and arranged travel to ports
- Our crew matter - at McKeil it feels like family
- We sail safe - your safety is our top priority
- Certificate upgrade programs and incentives
- Company paid training
- Competitive wages and comprehensive group benefits program
- Annual crew meetings foster team building
- Generous referral bonus program
- Reports to the Captain with accountability to the Vessel Manager/Technical Manager
- Responsible for the safe, efficient and economical operation all vessel machinery and equipment
- Reporting of any incident and/or damage affecting sea worthiness, speed or normal operations
- Perform troubleshooting, problem solving as well as preventative and corrective maintenance to prevent down time while ensuring the efficient and continual functioning of the vessel
- Monitor and order bunkers, lubricants and maintain spare parts and inventory
- Ensure the machinery is in compliance and meets regulatory and class requirements
- Review and sign off the Engine Room Logbook while ensuring that all required information is entered accurately and kept up-to-date
- Delegate work assignments, supervision and training of Engine Room crew
- Ensure all Engine Room personnel and new hires are familiar with Company policies and procedures and have access to the appropriate manuals and documents
- Maintain and update the Plan Maintenance System in accordance to company policies
- Understanding of pollution regulations and the company's objectives regarding environmental protection
- Other duties assigned
- First, Second, or Third-Class Motor Engineer Certificate issued by Transport Canada
- Marine Emergency Duties (MED’s) STCW Basic Safety and Survival Craft Certifications
- Transport Canada Marine Medical
- Experienced with Safety Management Systems (ISO & ISM)
- Experience with Microsoft Suite an asset
- Experienced leader and motivator of direct reports
- Strong sense of responsibility and pride in overall condition of machinery
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Previous tug boat experience required
Be a part of a winning and growing organization.
Licensed candidates must hold a valid Transport Canada Certificate of Competency, valid seafarer’s medical, and be STCW 95 certified. Candidates must also possess a valid passport as well as clearance to enter the US.
We thank all applicants but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. McKeil Marine is committed to the principles of Employment Equity.